Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Cat 259D track loader and I have to take the

I have a Cat...

I have a Cat 259D track loader and I have to take the undercarriage of to replace a line. took the four bolts and caps off but the rear doesn't want to slide out

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Sounds good to me

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took the four bolts and caps to remove the undercarriage but the back won't slide out. 259D cat track machine

12/19/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** you get this resolved since your post? If not let me know and I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc.. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

no hurry just need an answer tonight

Thats not a problem

What components in the undercarriage are you changing out?

Dan, Technician
Phone call session started

Left VM on your phone. What is the serial number and i need more specifics on what part of the track/undercarriage you are working on? I can provide you with what you need but need to be more specific on what you are doing as each component is on separate pages so I want to pull the information all at one time if possible.... Ill be glad to help....

Click below

Service information

Also click below

Service information2

Let me know what other undercarraige components you need information on.

Dan; Track removal isn't the problem, the bolts that hold the rear pin plate came loose from the main body, the welded nuts in the frame detached. I tack welded it to the frame, but I want to fix it properly. I have to cut larger holes in the frame and weld in new nuts then install it properly. The PDF you sent has a bunch of referrals with no pictures or diagrams. I took off the two axle plates, the front one wants to slide out but the back one won't move. Do i have to remove the top bolts on the axle and tilt it ? there's a snap ring that looks like it just holds a bushing in the back axle ( Or should I call them pins ), I have other machines at the shop for lifting. It's a 2015 259D cat track loader with less than 1,000 hrs on it. Have the serial numbers for you when I get to the shop, if that's important.
Regards
Walter Cell #(###) ###-####Didn't pick up your calls because I get about ten robo calls a day, sorry about that
It has two torsion bars that attach to the machine itself, the back one was loose, Just tell me how to take off undercarriage and I know what to do. Just tell me how to get the undercarriage off the machine.