Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a 315 cat 3 days ago it would not turn everything else…

Customer Question
Have a 315 cat...

Have a 315 cat 3 days ago it would not turn everything else worked I used my tracks to spin everything started to work fine today o go even replaced solenoid

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Cft00232 315cl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Brake solenoid and yes myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

All I have done to this point

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/10/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** you get this resolved since your post? If not let me know and I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc.. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc. Are you referring to swing or turning while traveling with the tracks?

Swing

Thanks for the update. It showed that you attempted to request a phone call but there was a problem with your form of payment. Customer service can help you further with that to get that resolved. I would reach out to them since they handle all billing concerns

If the brake solenoid is getting energized to release the swing brake then you want to verify that you have pressure to the swing motor. Verify the lines flex in you can notice a load on the engine of it trying to swing. If you can confirm this then you know it's after the control valve if you can also check pressures in confirm you got good pressure going to the swing motor deadheaded. If so and the solenoid is functioning but the swing motor won't turn then look at either possible failed gearbox or a problem with the swing motor itself if all of the functions are working normal. Remove the top cover of the swing motor where the swing brake clutch packs are and inspect for damage. I have seen these clutch packs fail. Also check for signs of fine metal or debris in the filter and the oil. Check for the same at the swing motor ports to see if there is a sign of this indicating a failure has occurred. Check your swing gearbox oil level to be sure it has oil in it and has not lost the pinion seal leaking into the swing cavity Grease. If this is the case then all they would have to be cleaned out and the swing gearbox disassembled and repaired. Start there and follow up with the results.

Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.