Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have hitachi excavator 220 I was wondering if the

Customer Question
I have hitachi excavator...

I have hitachi excavator 220 I was wondering if the hydraulic system is an open or closed one

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

My self and nothing i just need to know if the system is open or a closed one so I can add an attachment

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/7/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** you get this resolved since your post? If not let me know and I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc.. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

If you do still need help, please post the complete model as written on machine as well as the serial number. This way you can be sure to get the correct info

click these links below

Older 220

Newer 220

Same model machine.... Completely different hydraulic systems....

Hi, Do you have that information?

It’s a hitachi ex 220-5 the serial number is ***** I think it’s a late 90s or early 2000

This pump Is variable displacement and has two pumps split between multiple functions. Also pilot pressure is needed for control pressure with a separate pilot pump and some machines use a pressure reducing valve to get pilot pressure when a separate pilot pump is not used. On this machine if it is not plumbed for a separate function you will need to add another valve section in the valve use will depend on what you are installing for an attachment. There are few companies that do sell aftermarket third function kits or auxiliary function kits for excavators. What kit you need or how to plumb this depends on whether you are plumbing it for a hammer, a thumb, shear, etc. but yes you will need to add another valve section and the proper relief valve to set your pressures for that function. Click below for a popular vendor in the market.

Hydraulic kits

Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Have I answered all your questions and is there anything else I can do for you in reference to this?Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.