Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a Kubota with joystick control that has stopped curling…

Customer Question
Have a Kubota with...

Have a Kubota with joystick control that has stopped curling in one direction. Loader goes up and down fine. Will curl bucket down but not up. Was told it may be the quick connect fitting, replaced all of them, still the same.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

B9200 with a LA272 loader.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/3/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

LA272 shows to be a control valve with direct connect joystick control. When you work the bucket control, does the spool in the control valve move an equal distance up and down?

This control has been replace but is the same and is Kubota. Move the same amount. Swap hoses to loader side bucket will curl both ways.

You mentioned the quick connects were replaced. Can you eliminate them and hook hoses up direct?

That would be difficult, I would have to make up some sort of swivel in the line.

With all the symptoms, and it working when you swap the hoses, it seems that one of the quick connects is not opening. Did you replace both male and female ends.as each fitting has its own check valve, and if one of the four does not open, it blocks the flow of oil.