Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Working on a 930h loader serial number DHC00287. the loader…

Second opinion] working on...

Second opinion] working on a 930h loader serial number DHC00287. the loader hyd stick went dead. what could be wrong. it turns so pump is fine. all fuses are ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Unless its a relay that i cant detect

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing it my self. Checked the lock out power switch,all fuses,and pump works for it turns

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all i can provide at this time

Answered in 1 day by:
11/11/2018
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 3 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

I am sorry no one could help you earlier. I hope this is not too late to be helpful. All experts are not employees, we work from home in our spare time to answer questions and like most places, this is a busy time for everyone.

Here is a list of things to check when none of the functions will operate.

Probable Causes

The switch for the hydraulic lockout that is on the right side of the seat is in the LOCK position. Move the switch to the UNLOCK position.

There is a leak in the system. Visually inspect the system for leaks in the system.

The pilot oil pressure is low.

The high pressure cutoff of the pump for the work tools is not correct.

The standby pressure is not set correctly.

The throttle pin is stuck or damaged.

The inlet screen for the piston pump for the work tool is dirty. Drain the hydraulic tank. Inspect the inlet screen for contamination.

The pilot control valves are not operating correctly.

The seals in the cylinders are leaking.

The control valve is not operating correctly. Inspect the components of the valve for damage or for contamination.

The signal limiter valve is not adjusted correctly.

Have you tested for power at the switch and through the switch?

Have you tested the pilot shutoff solenoid for power or operations?

Have you tested pilot pressure?

Yes, you are correct that the implement pump does control steering but, other valves control the functions.

Brake and fan systems are on a different pump as well.

Have you had problems with any other controls on this machine?

my problem was the pilot solinoid. i replaced it and it all works now.Im only available to type back and forth when im in my office. thanks for the feed back.

Glad to hear you have it fixed. Do you need anything else?

I too have limited time on the site. I am usually online in the evenings but, try to pick up questions whenever I can.

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician