Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have grove mz66b that has a couple issues. Functions are…

Customer Question
Have grove mz66b that...

Have grove mz66b that has a couple issues

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Functions are hesitant at first start up to move boom components, basket extend and retract, swivel and level. Will extend quick but retract slow will retract fast and then not extend without waiting. Up and down same thing. Model MZ66B

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

S/N 48210

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Having some issues with my Grove MZ 66B Manbasket S/N 48210 Year 19981) Slow response on lift, lower, tilt, swing, of basket and boom most functions respond as normal however some times it takes 30 seconds to respond especially when cold. Once it cycles it is more responsive or immediate but not always and sometimes it will slow down during cycle and back up to speed.2) It is temperamental on travel speed also, in low speed a bit to quick on response resulting in engine stalling even if feathering control nice and easy. In high range very hard to not kill motor and then it seems to run out of power like maybe the brakes are not releasing.Calling me back is best.ThanksScott
Answered in 1 day by:
10/23/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** you get this resolved since your post? If not let me know and I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc.. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.