Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I need to change control pattern on a Cat 312E. Machine does…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change control pattern on a Cat 312E

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Machine does not have a selector valve

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

312 E SN PZL00314

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Would need a diagram or chart

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/13/2018
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 3 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

I am sorry no one could help you earlier. I hope this is not too late to be helpful. All experts are not employees, we work from home in our spare time to answer questions and like most places, this is a busy time for everyone.

Are you still looking for help with this?

(Sorry, I am not set up for phone calls.)

CAT does not offer any specific instructions for swapping the control lines as they want you to install the pattern changer valve.

I have created a "cheat sheet" that works on most CAT machines. You will need to remove the bottom guard cover under the seat area of the cab or maybe the one right behind it. Locate the manifold which has all the pilot lines from each joystick. Look at the front side hoses and you will notice colored tags with markings. (NOTE: the color could be different but the marks should be the same.)

Switch RED L1 (STICK OUT) with GREEN R3 (BOOM DOWN)

Switch BLUE L3 (STICK IN) with ORANGE R1 (BOOM UP)

I recommend you take pictures and/or make a drawing of the tags to reference should this not be exactly as you need to operate the machine or should you want to return the controls back to the original pattern.

NOTE: this is to change from SAE to BHL (Backhoe Loader) pattern. OSHA requires you replace the label with the correct pattern indicated for safety when operators change. See your dealer for the proper tag to match your pattern.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, if you need further help please let me know.

If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.

Thanks again, Don

CATMASTERTECH