Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I am considering buying a 310 JD 1998 4 x 4 backhoe. I am…

Customer Question
Hello I am considering...

Hello I am considering buying a 310 JD 1998 4 x 4 backhoe. I am wanting a 4 in 1 bucket for it and need to know how difficult and expensive is it to swap out the GP bucket for a multi purpose bucket?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I haven't bought it yet so I am not sure.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
10/10/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

To have the extra function for the 4 in one bucket, the backhoe has to have an extra hydraulic function. If it has a three spool valve, you don't need to add extra function, it has it. If not, to add the third function, it will cost $1500. So figure price for hydraulics plus the price of the bucket.