Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We have a bobcat skid steer S250 that we purchased new about…

We have a bobcat skid...
We have a bobcat skid steer S250 that we purchased new about 10 years ago. We have changed leaky hydraulic seals on the lift arms over the years without problem. Currently we have a problem with maintaining the lift arms and the tilt cylinders. in the elevated positions. The machine is fully functional, but with the arms or tilt up, it very, very slowly drops. We changed the relief valve block and seals with maybe a slight improvement. There are no visible leaks anywhere.
Thanks.
10/6/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** you get this resolved since your post? If not let me know and I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. So for Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

No further work has been done since our request. Await your response to help direct us. Thanks

If you're experiencing drifting down then the problem is either going to be in the hydraulic cylinders with the seals internally bleeding by or inside the control valve for that function. First pressure test your cylinder do be sure it is not bleeding by internally. If the cylinder checks okay you will want to thoroughly inspect your relief valve cartridges for any excessive wear scoring damaged O rings or debris that would cause a bypass of pressure. Check for the same in the control valve for that function as excessive wear allowing oil to bypass will cause a drift. If the spool on the valve has scoring or other wear it is a machined surface and would need to be replaced if found to be worn allowing bypass. Reply back with the results and if we need to dig deeper into this.

Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Dan, Technician