Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Where is the track adjustment on a Liebherr 722 Litronic…

Where is the track...

Where is the track adjustment on a Liebherr 722 Litronic crawler? How do you adjust thee track tension on a Liebherr 722 Litronic crawler?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model : PR 722 BM

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am fixing it myself. i have just cleared the mud and dirt from the undercarriage. i have opened a small compartment door on the top of the undercarriage. I have looked for a grease fitting but have not found it as of yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not right now.

you have not responded in over an hour
9/24/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** you get this resolved since your post? If not let me know and I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. So for Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

I'm assuming this is the first time on the website from your response. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site like yourself so most have full-time businesses or jobs and only help on here in between jobs as time allows. The site only credits them a portion of a question value on positive feedback or excepted answers. When you initially post your question the site has either moderators or bots that ask you specific questions to be sure that you provide enough information for when a professional views your questioning on the board they have enough information to go by to help you or begin helping. In either case if you have not get this resolved since you posted we can follow up as needed on here. Let me know

If you look on the top of the track frame covers and guards you will see near the top idler an access cover that you remove or open to access the grease fitting and release fitting to adjust your track tension. You will pump grease into the fitting to tighten track tension and you will loosen up the relief fitting to let grease out to loosen your track. Reply back if you need any further help with this and I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here.

Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Dan, Technician
Thank you I did find the grease under the cover on the top of the track frame. However, this fitting looks very different than a typical grease fitting. Can I upload to you a picture of the fitting?What kind of grease fitting is this and can I buy a grease gun end attachment that will work on this different grease fitting?

That fitting has a grease fitting on the end of it so you would use a regular grease gun but the whole cartridge is actually a valve that will release track pressure when loosened. So if you look on the end of it there is a grease fitting that should use a standard grease gun. But the main cartridge with the larger hex nut around it is what you can loosened with a larger wrench to let grease out quicker to loosen the tracks if you needed to.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thank you sir. I appreciate your assistance.

Pleasure to help