Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a 310G codes F9a3 & F9c4 back wont start need

Have a 310G codes...

Have a 310G codes F9a3 & F9c4 back wont start need description please

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

T0310GX929628

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I think it needs injector pump but would like to know whet codes are before i just replace pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its a backhoe but no i just need a starting point stuck in a field

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** you get this resolved since your post? If not let me know and I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc.. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

No I haven't figured it out been waiting for some kind of answer from you

Not from me. Only now from me because I grabbed your question from the board at 4:55. Please understand that professionals are uses of the site like yourself and login randomly to look what's on the board and grab what they choose to grab and are able to help with. So it seems when you posted your question somebody was not logged in that was a good fit for your question. Anyway give me a moment and I will pull up these codes for you and follow up with my responses.

F9C4 is CAN messages not being received by the ECM

F9A3 is monitor fails to receive power configuration message

These are sometimes the most difficult codes to diagnose. CAN bus codes can take a trained technician hours to work threw and sometimes you find the issue within a few minutes if it goes smoothly.

This is a communication issue from your machine controller. This can be a wiring harness issue so you will need to inspect the wiring harness thoroughly for any damage to the wires or corrosion as well as to the connector pins etc. also you would check all your powers and grounds starting at the basics like your fuses and relays. If all checks out good and your wiring all checks out good you could have a problem inside the controller itself. However the controller is the last place to go. It is recommended to have John Deere service advisor diagnostic software connected to help with troubleshooting. This is the John Deere's diagnostic software on the laptop used for diagnostics on John Deere equipment. This is what needs to be done for troubleshooting. You will also need a voltmeter and ohmmeter to tests continuity through the wiring and circuits. Check for this and follow-up with the results. If you don't feel comfortable with this in-depth type of troubleshooting this might be one to bring in to the dealer as they have all the equipment to properly troubleshoot this. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answers is that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. We can follow up as needed if you need further help with this

Dan, Technician