Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We removed the engine of our JCB 531-70 in order to fix the…

Customer Question
We removed the engine...

We removed the engine of our JCB 531-70 in order to fix the fuel injection pump but when reinstalled the engine the cranking circuit doesn´t work in order to start the engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

JCB Loadall 531-70 Serial #(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just this. Because before removing the engine everything was working fine!

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/14/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Check the positive battery cable connection at the starter solenoid, this is where the power wire for the fuse panel comes from too. it will have battery voltage thru the fuses to the key switch and starter circuit. The neutral switch will also kill the start circuit and park brake needs to be on.