Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I want to change the compressor oil in an older (2000?)

Customer Question
I want to change...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Sulllair gas engine 185Q model l86-4231 -6005-6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Serial 10680 k-11-rm

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, trying to anyway, the oil on the tube that i can see though the glass veiver is sort of milky/cloudy brown and its a bit less that half full when cold. so i think its time. I just bought it.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
sorry it looks like sullair model lsg-4231 -6005-Ghad to read old metal serial number plate
are you still researching?
Answered in 5 days by:
9/17/2018
Mechanic: Jeremy, Technician replied 4 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent user of the site and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I see this question has sat for a while and I’m not sure as to why. I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Do note that I don’t know what the site states are the response times or have control over them. I do work in the shop full time and come on the site when I’m available and can only reply to questions the site allows me to see. I respond as soon as I see them.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy. Had a compressor down and paying guys $90 an hour to sit around while it was down 4 days ago , I fixed it myself then. Thanks

I was away for a few days due to the storm and just now was able to get back online.

Thanks for the reply.