Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a cat 304 cr mini. The machine runs fine and has good…

I have a cat...

I have a cat 304 cr mini. The machine runs fine and has good oil pressure but the red oil light keeps coming on along with the annoying buzzer. Put a new new oil sender on and same thing. Checked the wire to the oil sender with a test lite and no power. How does this light work.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

304cr

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is the light only for oil pressure or is it also for coolant

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/8/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** you get this resolved or still need help? If not we can follow up as needed on here.

I did not get resolvedPlease answer my questions
Hi. Professionals are not employees of the site but uses of the site like yourself so I am not on standby 24/7 to respond. The site credits the professionals on positive feedback or accepted answers. We can follow up as needed on here. What is the serial number of your machine and also are you referring to engine oil pressure or hydraulic? I'm assuming engine oil however I don't want to assume. Let me know
If you with a hundred percent certainty you have confirmed that you have good oil pressure but the warning indicator is still going off you will need to check the wiring harness and your connector pins for any corrosion or damage that could throw off the signal. If the wiring harness and sensor are both good then the problem can be software-related in the controller. Let me know your serial number so I can be sure that you get the correct information for your serial number machine.I should likely have some diagrams for this model to help... We can follow up as needed on here.
Don’t have serial number. Engine oil pressure. I’m an ASE certified car tech and was asked to check this out after I used the machine.
Could you at some point grab the serial number when you're back at the machine and follow up with me on here? we can follow up as needed doesn't have to be today if you're not going to be at the machine until tomorrow or Monday exceteraHeavy equipment goes by serial number. Different serial number breaks can consist of different electrical, fuel system, xcetera....In the meantime check out the things that I initially mentioned as we may not have to dig deeper into this and then follow up with me with the results.
As I stated I have no serial number. The tag is unreadable.
Okay then check the things that I mentioned and respond back with the results.
How does the oil light work? By voltage or resistance?
Be sure all your grounds test good as well. by chance have you checked the actual temperatures with a temperature reader as of yet? If so what are the readings at Max temperature and at which locations? Also at what temperature does the warning indicator come on when monitoring with your digital temp reader?Same with your oil pressure... What is the actual oil pressure and what is that pressure when the warning indicator comes on if temperature is not a factor as well
are you saying the engine temp is tied to the same light?
Above on the Three Links are snapshots of the diagram. They are separate circuits and work through the monitor panel... please remember to take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings in bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Dan, Technician