Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

1999 Bobcat 325 Mini Excavator Fully functional on high

Throttle but not rotating or...
1999 Bobcat 325 Mini Excavator Fully functional on high Throttle but not rotating or lifting on low throttle
9/8/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** you get this resolved or still need help?

Nobody ever replied so I still need help
was my card charged for the call ?
Thanks for the update. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site like yourself. We can follow up as needed on here and availability varies each day depending on my workload and schedule. By chance would you have the serial number of your machine? I wanted to reach out to be sure you still needed help before I invested too much time on this as professionals only get credit on here for their time on positive feedback or accepted answers.
Now to start what you want to initially check is verify that you have full throttle and Idle is as it should be. The other thing if the engine is running normal with full power with no fuel system or Turbo or intake issues ETC causing a restricted airflow or loss of boost pressure then check inside the hydraulic filter for signs of fine metal or debris that would confirm or flag a hydraulic component issue occurring and potential failure on your hands. if found the faulty component will need to be identified and replaced as well as the complete system cleaned and flushed out before running a new component or premature failure will occur right away. This hydraulic system was not designed to run at an idle because the RPMs are not enough for the pump to get enough gallons per minute in flow to run the functions. Hydraulic motors will take more gallons per minute than hydraulic cylinders to operate. If you hear the hydraulics whining under a load even at an idle it is an indication that they are trying to operate but there is not enough flow or volume to allow that to happen and is why the RPMs need to be increased. now if this is something that's progressively gotten worse over time there are a couple more things to look for if you have found no metal that would indicate a pump issue and your pump is now weak and failing. check the relief valve cartridges and also your control valves for those functions to look for any debris or scoring or damage that would cause the symptoms that you are having. Check the relief valve cartridges for any debris causing them to stick open or malfunction. Reply back with the results and if we need to dig deeper into this. Please take a moment to Rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Dan, Technician
Phone call session started