Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a L553 new Holland loader that has bad battery with the…

Customer Question
Have a L553 new...

Have a L553 new Holland loader that has bad battery with the loader arms down which prevents access to change battery. What is the solution to raise the arms.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Sorry I would have to go outside to get that info if it is on the machine. What is typical done?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

We tried a portable jump that had worked before but this time it doesn't work.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/27/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc.. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

To raise the lift arms with the machine dead you need another machine or lifting device to safely lift the lift arms up when you disconnect the hydraulic lines to the cylinders. You will need to run the hose into a bucket since you will lose hydraulic oil from the cylinder ports. You will want to raise the arms very slowly or you will have a mess of oil on your hands. That is the only way to raise the lift arms with a dead machine unless you connect jumper hoses from another machine to lift the lift arms which is unlikely to happen. Also you can run jumper cables to try to provide voltage to start the machine. Reply back with the results and if you need further help with this. Please take a moment to rate my answers is that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five star ratings in bonuses are always greatly appreciated

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.