Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I'm looking at a 1980 trex loader. It was an x military

Customer Question
I'm looking at a...

I'm looking at a 1980 trex loader. It was an x military loader. Everything works , almost no leaks but it doesn't move very well. It's a Manuel 3 speed but you almost have to floor it to get it to move. Is this normal for that year?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

You I'm looking at a 1980 trex loader. It was an x military loader. Everything works , almost no leaks but it doesn't move very well. It's a Manuel 3 speed but you almost have to floor it to get it to move. Is this normal for that year?

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/11/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

No, it would not be normal. Do you have any idea as to the transmission model? Is the fluid level up in the transmission? Ths loader would have a torque converter between the engine and the transmission, it is where the power comes from. Assuming this is not a hydraulic drive unit.