Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Jcb 520-40 that all of s sudden lost fast speed…

Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Jcb 520-40 that all of s sudden lost fast speed light comes on when you switch it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Slp520406e1013131

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes Looked for a wire of & saw if there was a fuse for this

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

2006 year

Answered in 8 days by:
7/16/2018
Mechanic: Jeremy, Technician replied 4 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent user of the site and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I have been a mechanic for over 50 years More on the automotive side but have done a lot of equipment & truck repair This can about during moving brush on a clearing site Work fine before checked for any wires that may have been knocked off by brush Non found
Thanks John

When the light switches on, the switch is getting power through it to the module, but the pump isn't reacting. That sounds like the solenoid isn't opening and allowing the pressure to go through which puts it in the fast speed.

Let me see if the JCB tech is online so he can give the diagram to check that. I don't have the diagram or I would be able to guide more.

Ok
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help if you still need help. Let me know if you still need help with this and what the current status is and I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here.
I haven’t done anything to fix it Are you familiar with this machine?

Yes sir I am familiar with JCB equipment. For easy test to test the switch if you know your beacon works then the beacon switch is the same part number switch as the two speed. Swap the two speed switch with the begin switch for testing purposes and also take a close look at the wiring from the two speed switch. Also be sure you tested all your fuses and relays as well. If that checks okay you will want to check the wiring and check for power to the two speed solenoid. You can access the JCB parts diagram***@******.***.

I will try that

Sounds good in keep me posted on the results and if we need to dig deeper into this.We can follow up as needed on here.

Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

click below

Parts

Dan, Technician
I have not been able to get back to machine to check what you said
I will do it soon and let you know Thanks John
Thanks for the update John. No rush we can follow up as needed on here.