Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My 753 lifts but does not lower and extends but does not…

Customer Question
My 753 lifts but...

My 753 lifts but does not lower and extends but does not retracts the bucket.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

When i pull the connectors on the two solenoids on top of the hydraulic control valves, it works fine. Electronic module bad?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I have a 753 and the bucket goes up but does not come down, tilts out but not in, drives ok but when I remove connectors on two solenoids on control valve, all works fine. Electronic module bad?Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

2100 hours and problem started when battery disconnected -reconnected.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/6/2018
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 4 years ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

Is your 753 a C, F, or G series machine. The C series has a two piece rear door, bottom portion is orange and it has a small panel mounted to the top of the door that's painted black and has the work lights mounted in it. The F series has a one piece stamped steel rear door, all orange, and has rectangle shaped headlights. The G series has a one piece stamped steel rear door, all orange, and has triangle shaped headlights.

I'd be guessing you have a C or F series machine. By what you're describing it sounds like something is powering up at least one of the Auxiliary hydraulic circuit, the circuit for the couplers on the left loader arm for attachments. Those two solenoids you mention on the top of the main control valve that you disconnect and it now works proper, that's the solenoid valves that control the auxiliary hyd circuit. I'm thinking if you had a G series machine with their more advanced BICS system you would be getting the three beeps from the alarm indicating a fault code that the main controller is seeing. If you have a C or F series machine, it won't give you any codes on the BICS controller for this problem.

If you have a C or F, do either of the LED lights light up on the right panel indicating the Auxiliary circuit is activated? If no, then yes, you most likely have a problem with the main controller sending an incorrect signal to one of the auxiliary solenoids to power up when you actually haven't selected that. On the other hand, if one or both of those LED lights are lit up, even though you haven't selected to power up the aux circuit, there's something wrong at that left panel that is sending a signal to power up the aux circuit.

Another test you could do, aside from disconnecting the two solenoid valves, is to make a jumper hose with a male and female coupler, pop that jumper hose into the quick couplers on the left loader arm, I wager the loader arm and bucket tilt functions will now work proper as well.