Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Bobcat M-610. The engine was rebuilt one year ago.

Customer Question
I have a Clark...

I have a Clark Bobcat M-610. The engine was rebuilt one year ago. A renter had been running the bobcat in the winter to keep the lubrication and battery charged. The bobcat had run out of gas. I got it running again by insatled a new electric fuel pump as the old one wouldn't pump anymore. I installed a new fuel filter, cleaned the fuel lines, carburator and mechanical fuel pump. The only way I can get it to start is to keep the choke engaged until the engine warms up. What can I do to make this process work better?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

4956M13910

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

The rebuilt engine has only about 25 hours on it and it was running very well before this incident.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/3/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

OKLets try the computerI'd rather do this on line

Did you remove line a the fuel filter and blow back into the fuel tank to clear any debris picked up when fuel ran out? Is the choke completely closing on startup?

Me too!

I did blow back into the fuel tank. The choke is closing completely. The machine does work fine after an about 15 to 20 min warm up.The machine has a manual choke.

What engine is this? Is it firing on all cylinders when cold?

This is a Wisconsin 4 cylinder engine and it is firing on all cylinder when starting. NLA - VH4D Gasoline - W/Sarter, carburetor, manifold & flywheel

OK> I question whether it is firing on all cylinders at startup, but I will opt out and see if anyone else can help. Sorry.

OK. I've decided to work on this on my own. Thanks for the help.