Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Cat 303.5 swing and blade stopped functioning. Cat303.5

Cat 303.5 swing and...

Cat 303.5 swing and blade stopped functioning

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Cat303.5 sn#AFW00907

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced one solenoid and two relay. also replacing some frayed wires

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was hoping to view a wiring diagram from the left hand control stick to the relays under the seat ,and to the solenoids on the shuttle valve. I'm not sure if the problem is mechanical or electrical

6/6/2018
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 4 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

I am sorry no one could help you earlier. I hope this is not too late to be helpful.

I would remove the gear pump section from your main pump for inspection. This section is attached to the end of the pump and has a spline coupling to the main pump shaft.

You must drain the oil from the system to remove the gear pump.

This pump controls the machine swing, the blade, and the boom swing. If it is not pumping, then you will not have pressure on these three functions.

Thank you, ***** ***** is very helpful. I am still in need of the wiring diagram for the relays under the seat that go to the three solenoids next to the small drive pump. The insulation has deteriorated and I am attaching new connectors. Thanks againAre you able to call me on Friday morning. I will be at the site.

I am sorry, I am not set up for phone calls. I am not an employee of this site. I work from home to help answer questions as this is my field of experience.

If you must speak to someone, I will OPT-OUT of this question.

CAT schematics are not separated in any specific way. Sometimes you will need the whole schematic to find all the information needed for a single circuit.

If that is what you are looking for, you will need to see your dealer for a schematic as we cannot give away copyrighted material per site policy.

If you have something specific you are looking for, I might pull that piece out and that might help you further.

Thank you. I will drop by cat for coupler and check the wiring as well. Thanks again

Ok, glad I could help. Please note, I am not saying the coupler failed, it is more common for the pump shaft to fail. I am suggesting you remove the pump and inspect the splines on both pumps and the coupler. If they are good, the pump should be inspected further for damage.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, if you need further help please let me know.

If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.

Thanks again, Don

CATMASTERTECH

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician