Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Bobcat 435 HAG. The blade lever only works to lower…

Customer Question
I have a Bobcat 435...
I have a Bobcat 435 HAG. The blade lever only works to lower the blade and will not allow to raise the blade. When pulling back on the lever, it feels as if the linkage disconnected. Any ideas on what went wrong and how to access? Thank you
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/29/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Have you raised the rubber boot over the lower section of the joystick and looked at the linkage? It is broken or has backed off and is not moving the valve spool.

I will look at that tomorrow when I am back on the job site. I didn’t think there was access to that linkage through the joystick boot. If it has slipped off or is broken, how do I gain access to replace or secure ?

Usually through the boot area!

So the console cover has to come off!

No need to call yet. That was a mistake.

I don't have a parts book showing how console comes loose.

I see A couple of torques screws. Will have to wait till tomorrow morning so I can bring those necessary torques drivers.

OK>