Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Takeuchi tl12. Had a small fire in lower engine…

I have a Takeuchi...

I have a Takeuchi tl12. Had a small fire in lower engine area. To what I can tell only one wire got burnt. I am getting a code 3843 Ccv Hester 1 voltage error. I check wires and tapped back up. Everything seems fine with them. I Check connection with meter and again seems fine. Checking engine still showing code and beeping st me. Is there a fuse some where on that circuit.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Takeuchi TL 12.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s it

Answered in 1 hour by:
5/15/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Give me some time to review your info and follow up with my responses. We can follow up as needed on here. Can you give me a little more information about the fire you had and what was the cause?

Dan, Technician
Look like debris caught fire somehow maybe from exhaust etc. when I got to it it was down low right around lower hydrolic hose. I put it out with water. Insulation is melted around hydrolic hose etc but it runs fine and everything works to my knowledge except it beeping at me with this code so I found three wires touching bc insulation was melted. I asssumed that was part of the Ccv code so I taped them separately and put it back together but still telling me there is a code so just wondering about fuses etc
Phone call session started

I dug through my files and do not have the diagrams. I have the parts manual. However I did find you one under 10 for immediate download

click below

Manual

We can still follow up as needed.