Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Replaced bucket cylinder on JD 4475 skidsteer, worked as I…

replaced bucket cylinder on JD...
replaced bucket cylinder on JD 4475 skidsteer, worked as I moved the unit outside. sat overnight, then boom and bucket became inactive...fluid is full...drive works...appears to have no flow even at the pump...have broke fittings open to bleed air...lifted the boom and bucket up with a hoist and let them down with the foot controls but never got any fluid movement.
5/9/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Foot controls are not locked? Drive works but not hydraulics? Th hydraulic pump is the small pump driven by the drive pumps, loosen pressure line on the hydraulic pump and see if there is oil flow. If none, slip the pump back and check the drive.

with engine running not much more than a fast drip at pressure line, its a splined shaft drive, in the picture, don't think it could be bad...wouldn't it grind a lot?....

If there is no flow, it is not turning. It may not be at the pump, it drives through the other pumps.

were busy with other work so I cant get to the skidsteer now...might be a couple of days....

OK>

got the pump off....It drags on half of the rotation....drive pumps both worked before I took the pump off...

?? Drive does not work now? Was hydraulic pump bad?

have you ever worked on a JD 4475 skidsteer?..if so...is there an easy way to get the reservoir off to make sure its not plugged at the outlet?

nO, 6675 was the ones we had. But if anything like the 6675, you can't get tanks out without removing the engine!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician