Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a volvo ec35c and it will not spin. Ec35c. 2012

I have a volvo...

I have a volvo ec35c and it will not spin

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

Ec35c

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Volvo?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Answered in 1 hour by:
5/3/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** be glad to help. Sounds like you were referring to swing of the machine. If the machine will not swing the first thing you want to do is check all of your fuses for power on both sides with the key switch on. Replace any fuses with power only on one side. Try swapping relays one of the time for test purposes with a known good one. Check your swing lock switch and you just switches in relation to swing for proper operation. If all checks out good the next step is to check to see if there is a load on the engine when trying to swing which would indicate that the valve is putting pressure to the swing motor. If so and no swing check the swing brake and also check inside the filter for fine metal or debris that would indicate a potential component failure has occurred. It will look like glitter in the oil and filter if present. Check the relief valve cartridges for the swing circuit and the control valve for any debris or other problems that would cause that function to be an operative. Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated
Thank you.. Where is the brake located.. And how do u disengage
Pleasure to help. The swing brake is not like a typical brake on a vehicle as its only purpose is to hold and the crossover relief valves in the swing hydraulic motor are what actually provides the braking to slow the machine down. The relief valves are in the swing circuit usually on the swing motor itself at the center of the machine that is bolted to the swing gear box. I'm mobile at the moment so I don't have access to your breakdowns right away however usually on the swing motor there is in some cases a valve bolted right to it to release the brake which is usually at the top under the top cover of the Swing motor and on some other machines it is remote mounted and there is a hydraulic line going to it to release the brake. The break is actually a small clutch pack at the top of the Swing motor which is spring applied and hydraulic pressure released. If you have one of the failures that I mentioned going on it's a moot point to try to mess with the brake as if a failure is the problem the swing brake is unrelated.However there should be pressure to the brake to release it to allow swing and if it is releasing but the machine still won't swing and you've confirmed pressure to the swing motor then you will most likely find metal in your filters as I mentioned which would indicate a component failure which is likely the swing motor itself.Disconnect the lines to the swing motor and look for signs of metal as well which would help isolate that however I recommend inspecting inside the filter as I originally suggested which would save a lot of time if you do find signs of failure in the filter.
Are you able to send me a diagram of what Relay i would have to check.. Also can you tell me were the filters are and if the swing motor has a separate filter
Hi, I wasn't specifying a specific relay as I am mobile at the moment and when I go out on a job on site I don't have every manual for every machine that exists out there so within 10 to 15 minutes I can check every fuse and swap every relay with a known good one on a machine or vehicle and no if any are bad. That is not something that you want to spend too much time on other than running through the checks to see if they all test good or if any test bad. There is no separate filter for the hydraulic components. They are all filtered through the main hydraulic filter.

What is your serial number?

Model ec35c
Parts number *vcec35c0h00005142*

ENTIRE GROUP Slewing gear motor:

1.VOE11808378[1]-

Swing motor .

2.VOE11712924[1]-

Cylinder block .

3.VOE11715564[1]-

Cam .

4.VOE11715565[2]-

O-ring .

5. [1]-

Cam

6.VOE11714961[1]-

Cover .

7. [1]-

Bearing

8.VOE11714982[7]-

Screw .

9. [1]-

Distribution block

10.VOE11714983[1]-

Sealing kit .

11.VOE11715566[4]-

Spring .

12.VOE11713103[1]-

Spring pin .

13.VOE11714981[1]-

Bearing .

VOE11714984[1]-

Bearing .

VOE11714985[1]-

Bearing .

14.VOE11715643[1]-

Brake kit .

15. [1]-

Body

16.VOE11714986[8]-

Screw .

17.VOE11715653[1]-

Brake piston .

18.VOE11715654[1]-

Spring washer .

19.VOE11715652[1]-

Snap ring .

20. [1]-

Pinion shaft

21.VOE11714987[2]-

Screw .

22.VOE11715644[1]-

Brake disc kit .

23.VOE11712930[1]-

Repair kit .

24.VOE11715612[1]-

Brake kit .

25.VOE11715608[1]-

Sealing kit KIT .

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Dan, Technician