Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I HAVE A 97 CAT 416 C, 5YN02090 FRONT BUCKET WILL NOT LIFT…

Customer Question
I HAVE A 97...

I HAVE A 97 CAT 416 C , 5YN02090 FRONT BUCKET WILL NOT LIFT WITH LOAD, BUT NO PROBLEM WITHOUT LOAD ?

Mechanic's Assistant: OK. Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO ! nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/3/2018
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 4 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Have you tried lifting a load while holding the tilt lever full in the rack-back position?

If this helps you have the power to lift the load, then you have resolver seals leaking. This is very common and the parts are not very expensive.

If that does not change the lifting power, then you could have a relief valve damaged or weak.

Here is an image to show the location of the resolver check valves. NOTE: #2 has a loose chack ball and can be easily lost.

Your dealer can provide you seals and new check balls if needed. Each valve section contains both of these resolvers and the Inlet section has one of the #2 resolvers.

Hello again,

Were my answers helpful? Please let me know if you need further help.

If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.