Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2003 Deere 310 g backhoe that starts and runs but…

I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 john Deere 310 g backhoe that starts and runs but will only turn up to approximately 1500 rpm's

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fuel filter changed tried to get codes but not much luck acts like the throttle doesn't let the engine run to full speed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's a construction machine j.d. 310g backhoe loader

4/22/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What is your machine serial number and also do you have any fault codes are associated with this?
F9d5 code
Serial TO 310GX937959
I’m not at the machine right now so I don’t think a phone conversation would help

No worries the site automatically prompts for calls if someone wants one.

(F9d5)

Display Monitor is not programmed correctly.Program the Display Monitor. This needs to be done with JD Service advisor.

That fault indicates that the display monitor needs to be calibrated and programmed properly. John Deere service advisor is the dealer software used on their laptops and computers to do diagnostics and system updates as well as calibrations. Calibration needs to be done and if calibration is unsuccessful you still could have a possible wiring harness or speed sensor as well as another electrical issue however calibration should be performed to see if it resolves your issue first unless you have other fault codes. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings in bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Dan, Technician
Ok thanks was hoping I wouldn’t have to go to the dealer but it is what is is

Pleasure to help. I wish I had better news. On the skid steers this is a coolant temp fault but in the 310G manual it is the monitor. Let me know if you need more help.