Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Back with the Komatsu pc 75uu-2, 1997 with flashing warning…

Hey Pearl. Back...

Hey Pearl. Back with the Komatsu pc 75uu-2, 1997 with flashing warning light that is in Japanese and locked out boom and arm and bucket functions. The light is the third down on the instrument panel, across from second battery symbol. Do you have anyone to help with this?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

You have all that I have. No serial number available,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

4/8/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. There are a few things to take for in regards ***** ***** One of the most common problems with functions being locked out or inoperative are the safety switches. Some of these machines do have a seat switch and then also you have your console safety switch however the most common operational switch issues these machines have are out on the boom and the arm you will see what looks like a round potentiometer referred to as bloom or arm proximity switches. They protect the operator from swinging the bucket or attachment Etc into the cab. Thoroughly inspect the switches for damage or open circuits and also test for continuity in the wiring harness and inspect the wiring harness for any damaged or broken wires Etc. Be sure also to test all your fuses and check all your relays as well. Please remember to take a moment to write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Can you discuss more how to check the potentiometers. There is one between the arm and the boom that seemed to make a few clicking sounds. Also, upon engine restart, machine works properly from seconds to minutes before the lockout and beeping begins again. All of the external wiring appears intact and well protected on the arm and boom
Hi if you are testing with an ohmmeter if you were to move the potentiometer position it should increase and decrease in resistance depending on the position and there should be no open circuits or loss of continuity. Check the wiring harness as well
Dan, Technician