Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 310d Deere backhoe with a transmission problem. I…

Customer Question
Hello. I have a 310d...
Hello. I have a 310d John Deere backhoe with a transmission problem. I was having a problem with what I thought was clutch slipping but not sure anymore. Here is what I have done . I have went through it and replaced all the seals and O-rings and clutches and plates and torque converter. And put it back together same thing. Pulled it down again and replaced another seal on a shaft that thought it looked a little chipped. Put transmission back in and still same thing. Here is what it's doing when the oil is cold like right when you start it you can go in first gear but as soon as the oil warms up you cannot move at all in forward. But reverse works good all the time even when it warms up. I would have thought it was a seal on the piston.. Is there something I am overlooking.? What are your thoughts. Thanks
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
4/3/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 21 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Have you ran a pressure test on both clutches?? Did you air check the clutches before reassembling? Is the forward spool in the control valve moving full travel to engage forward? Does the kick out/ declutch valve work?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I did not air check the clutches. I forgot to mention I replaced the stem and the spools forward and reverse as well and when I hit the button for the De clutch everything stops. I don't know exactly where and what pressures it is supposed to have but I did find some plugs on the outside of the transmission housing and only one had 50 psi the others had zero. I would have to check again where the plug was that had the 50 psi. Do you have a diagram of what plugs do what and the pressures ? Thanks

No, but pressures need to be around 200 psi. Should be a common port on the control valve that clutch pressure can be read and as both f/r is shifted would change from forward to reverse. This is an electric shifter and has solenoid valves for f/r shift. Deere makes three different types. Are the solenoids stacked, or side by side? Can the f.r solenoids be swapped?

Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 15 days ago

I see the question is still open.?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician