Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My cat hd 50 cranks over but won't start. Doesn't even try…

Customer Question
My cat hd 50...

My cat hd 50 cranks over but won't start. Doesn't even try too. Full propane tank, filled friday and gauge shows full and is turned on. Ran good friday. Started right away today, sputtered and quit.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I'm not near it right now, it is a 4 cyl.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 21 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

The first thing to check is the bottle to forklift connection. Remove the quick coupler hose, and see if there is any washers or gaskets on the stem on the hose. Tere should be NONE, all gaskets are on the bottle side. If there is gasket or seal on the hose stem, the coupler will not make up, and you get no fuel to the lockoff and vaporizer. Does the vaporizer have a spring loaded valve in the cemter? If it does, fee the valve, does it have any tension or is very eay to push? Easy to push menas there is no propalne to it.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician