Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Gehl rt250 engine dies ever 30 seconds. code 111.1 which is…

Customer Question
Gehl rt250 engine dies...

Gehl rt250 engine dies ever 30 seconds. code 111.1 which is low coolant level.coolant is not low. replaced senser at radiator several times, seems to help for a few hours then same trouble again.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Id # is GHLRT250G00070156

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dealer has replaced senser several times and seems to help for a while then problem returns. Getting tired of having to haul it 25 miles for service and not getting it fixed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Guess not.

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/31/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 19 days ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Thanks
If you are getting the low coolant warning but coolant is not low then here are the potential causes. The low coolant sensor which you said you've changed which either the new sensor is defective or you have a problem in the wiring harness somewhere. So you need to thoroughly inspect the wiring harness between the sensor and the ECM. Look for corrosion or damaged in the wiring that would cause high resistance in the wiring and potentially throw off the signals to the ECM making it throw a false code. If the sensor and the wiring both check good then the last place that it could be is actually an ECM problem. This could be something wrong with the ECM Hardware in the circuit boards or it could be software-related as a potential software glitch. A dealer can reprogram or reflash the ECM to reset it back to factory settings if the wiring and the sensor both check good. Check for these things and please remember to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Dan, Technician