Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Need help with 6675 deere. 6675 dont have serial number at…

Customer Question
Need help with 6675...

Need help with 6675 john deere

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

6675 dont have serial number at this time

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Starter will not engage seat switch and seat belt switch will activate all lights as they should cant get power to white wire blue tracer to energize starter solenoid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I tried service switch still no starter engagemeny

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/31/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

In the main panel is the starter relay, there are two relays, one for start, other is for the lock solenoids on the control valve. The starter relay will have battery cable from the batter to it. Check the relay for voltage from the key switch,

# 12 in the link above.

no voltage to energizer wilack tracerre white with blue tracer the solenoid next to starter solenoid is for glow plug blue wire with black tracer

I don't have a wiring diagram for the unit. So you have nothing coming out of the keyswitch to the relay?

that is correct

Keyswitch has voltage, safety switches are making, no output from key switch. Bad switch?

i will check voltage on start side of key switch will you be available in 20 minutes

Yes, I will be here.

12 volt feed to key and 12 volt at start post no volts to solenoid

Wire broken between switch and solenoid? Run a jumper wire for test, to see if solenoid will close and start the engine.

i jumped across feed and start post at swicth nothing

You want to jump from switch to the solenoid!

for what its worth the problem started when i tried to start it the other day the glow plug or intake heater would not shut off the intake was hot enough to fry an egg i had to disconnect at post

Glow plug/intake heater has a timer relay that should have shut it off.

can you get access to wiring diagram i need to know what activates white wire with blue tracer not sure if timer is the relay that looks like starter solenoid they are side by side

I have no access to the diagram. Let opt out and see if maybe Dan would have one. Sorry.

what do i do next do i need to contact dan

No, just wait for him or someone else to reply.

ok thank you