Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

How to shut off a cat 320B Excavatorr turn the key started…

Customer Question
How to shut off...

How to shut off a cat 320B Excavatorr turn the key started right up turn the key off position machine won't shut down

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just turned key to off position

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont know the year

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/31/2018
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 3 months ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Have you tried using the backup mode switches to control the throttle?

Does your throttle dial work?

Have you checked your fuses?

Dial works

Does the backup mode work?

If you must talk to someone, I will OPT-OUT. I am not set up for phone calls. That is some automatic feature the site put in place that I cannot turn off.

Please let me know how you wish to preceed.