Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a deere 210le loader with power shift transmission. I…

Customer Question
I have a deere...

I have a deere 210le loader with power shift transmission. I keep blowing the o ring for the transmission filter. Not long ago I had a friend replace "housing" T186560 that goes on the back of the transmission. Shortly after it started leaking transmission fluid. Turns out a couple of the Torx bolts that hold the aluminum hiusing were loose. He retorqued the screws. Everything seemed fine. I went to do some grading today with the machine and the O-ring for the transmission filter blue. I pulled the filter reinstalled the O-ring and it blew again within 10 minutes. I'm assuming pressure is building up in the filter more than what should be. What should I check?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok. How long should it take for him to get back to me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should be it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Have you had any test gauges on this as of yet?
What is your machine serial number?
I don't have any gauges. TO210LE885579
I have pulled the three solenoids that go into the intermediate plate and checked all the O-rings they are fine
Thanks for the update. If the solenoids and the control valve all check fine with no trash or damage then you will want to check for any contamination or trash that might be causing a restriction such as a possible restricted oil cooler or lines, etc. Also if this is not an OEM filter I would try an oem filter as well as thoroughly inspect that filter housing for any problems. I would also check that if the filter is holding up for 10 minutes or so to take some temperatures at different parts of the transmission and cooler to look for any hot spots that might help isolated possible restriction or problem. You can use a digital temperature reader to take your temperatures.
How much pressure should be preset in the filter? Is filter on suction or pressure side of pump?
Also fyi on page 0363-2 of parts manual... hose #1 ( AT216242) blew a few weeks ago if that helps with diagnosis
Thanks for the information. That filter housing is mounted right to the pump and that cover that was replaced that loosened up if you look at the breakdown of that there is a spring and a check ball that has to be in proper location.
Also there could be a bypass of pressure in one of those separator plates. I would start there and check for that as well as make sure if it's not an oem filter that it is exactly the same specs. I don't have the service book handy as I'm out on the road to know what those pressures might be unfortunately off the top of my head.
Replaced filter this morning. Lasted 10 minutes. Scanned everything with laser temp gun. Nothing was much over 70*.
I would say it has to be something in that valve body or a restriction. The only way to check that is to remove it and inspect it thoroughly on a bench. I'm going to opt out in case someone else might have some for other suggestions because I'm out of ideas other than to start taking the valve body apart and inspecting for problems
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 month ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.