Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Main boom and right side travel has been slowiy getting weak…

Customer Question
Main boom and right...

Main boom and right side travel has been slowiy getting weak and no longer works what is wrong on a e70b excavator

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

The main boom and the right side travel on a e70b excavator has slowly been getting weak and is no longer working what is my problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Serial number is *****

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/30/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

The symptoms you are describing are in line with a hydraulic pump failure. Your hydraulic pumps are tandem meaning two pumps bolted together and a pilot or charge pump for pilot or control pressure. The Maine pumps are split between functions so the right and left track are run off of a different pump and the other functions such as boom arm stick in bucket are split between the two pumps as well which allows multiple functions to be run at the same time without taking away too much flow. So because you are experiencing boom and travel on one side points to 1/2 of that tandem pump assembly having a problem. The quickest way to diagnose this or confirm this is to remove the in tank hydraulic filter and look for fine metal or debris in the filter. This will look like glitter in the oil.. if found the hydraulic system needs to be cleaned out before running a new pump and also the components need to be inspected for further damage from contamination. Let me know the results and if you need further help with this as we can follow up as needed. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits might time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.