Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I just recently purchased a mid to late 70's Deere 410

Customer Question
I just recently purchased...

I just recently purchased a mid to late 70's John Deere 410 backhoe and the hydraulics bleed off pretty fast and have no leaks what can I do to fix this. Also when the machine gets warmed up it acts like the hydraulics are loaded up and will almost stall the engine out. Any help is appreciated thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I'm not sure of the s/n as it's missing the plate on the side unless it is stamped on the frame somewhere. But the make and model is a John Deere 410 backhoe

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not rt off hand

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/28/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If the hydraulics are loaded installing the engine out then that means one or two things. You either have a hydraulic pump that's failing or you have a relief valve or valve that sticking causing excessive pressure in the system and a potential return restriction. Check inside the hydraulic filter for fine metal or debris that would confirm a pumper component failure occurring. If that is clean then you will want to check the relief valve cartridges in the main control valve to see if they have any damage trash or debris causing them to stick. Reply back with the results and if you need further help with this. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.