Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a gehl telehandler RS8-42, when boom is extended and…

Customer Question
I have a gehl...

I have a gehl telehandler RS8-42 , when boom is extended and you retract there is a lot of chatter ( vibration ) pulling back in ? does something need to be lubed ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

RS8-42 2007 gehl telehandler,

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Possibly if minor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its been sitting for a year

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/28/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

The boom has nylon bushings and can be lubricated with a dry silicone spray. With boom on the ground, work the boom up and down, to get clearance between the boom inner and outer sections, giving a place to get the lube in. That should help the jerking on extend and retract.