Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My aj450 manlift after running it for 45 minutes shut off,

My aj450 manlift after...

My aj450 manlift after running it for 45 minutes shut off, then i restarted it it run for a minute then shut off again. I checked the oil its clean and correct level, I checked hydraulic level and that was good as well, it seemed like ,it was running hot, so i let it cool down and checked the coolant and that was good, i then drove it around and it was running normal, i then started to assume it was overheating and noticed the fan was not turning on. I tested to see if power was going to the fan and it wasn't, what would cause the fan to not get power.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

450AJ year 2007 serial no:(###) ###-####

3/27/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

The fan should get power direct from the fan switch, on the radiator upper tank or at the thermostat housing. Check the fan switch, for voltage, you can use a jumper to jump around it, to see if the fan comes on.

Is there a fuse that might have blown for the fan not to get power, I put my tester on the wire going to the fan after getting it hot and 0 votsge

I could be fuse, but more likey a bad fan thermal switch.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
I looked in the electrical panel and there is no fuse for a fan
Where with the fan thermal switch be
I’m reading through the manual online and haven’t found anything yet
Phone call session started

I tried to call, no answer. trying again.

Second call, no answer, went to voice mail?

Thermo switch will be on the top radiator tank, or at the thermostat housing. What engine is this? I assume Ford industrial gas engine>

It’s diesel not gas
Try to call again

Kubota diesel? The same thing applies unless this is a Deutz.

Not sure how to tell which diesel it is

It is water cooled, so it is not a Deutz, more likely a Kubota and it would have the switch at thermostat housing.

I keep getting a voicemail but my phone is not ringing

Completed call. looking for more information.

Did you find the location of the thermal switch

Not shown or listed in the parts or the service manual. It does not even show electric fan.

Same thing here no electrical diagram for the Pham or where the thermal switch might be

Try to trace the wire colors back from the fan!