Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Volvo EC 210 the safety locking system in the

Customer Question
I have a Volvo EC...
I have a Volvo EC 210 the safety locking system in the upward position won’t engage my hydraulics
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/27/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 28 days ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. When you get a moment please post your serial number of your machine. If the safety locking lever on the left hand console is not engaging and disengaging when you raise and lower it as it should then you are going to want to check the switch that it actuates as well as the valve. Test for power on all your fuses with the key on for power on both sides and replace any with power only on one side. Check on your relays by swapping with a known good one one at a time. If they check out good you will want to verify continuity of the safety lever switch in both the open and closed positions. Check the wiring in connector pins in that circuit and for power to the solenoid valve that opens pilot pressure for the circuits to operate. Respond back with the results and let me know if we need to dig deeper into this. Please remember to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I do not know where the soleniod valve is I checked all the fuses switch the relays
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ec210v13883
Thanks for the update. I tried pulling this up for your serial number on the part site. It is unclear through the parts diagram but depending on if this is a straight 210, 210B,210C,etc. The solenoid is going to be on the pilot pressure side so I know on some machines they are under the cab under that panel just below the operators cab but when not mounted there they are on a valve block behind the cab in the pilot circuit. You can access the parts diagram for your machine through Avspare after doing an e-mail verification with them. They will allow you access to the site or if you have your parts manual for your machine you can use that. In either case it'll be in the pilot side of the circuit before the pilot lines go into the main control valve.
Dan, Technician