Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

When dozing right side will stop going is the clutch too…

Customer Question
When dozing right side...

When dozing right side will stop going is the clutch too tight it is on a 450e age in 1980 how do you adjust

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model john deere

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes took cover pff don't know whatto adjust being all hydrolic

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/27/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Also

Parts

Click on the 2 links above that I posted. The first one you will see the final drive pinion. You can remove those triangle covers at the tops of the final drive to access the drive pinion. They can be removed by threading a bolt into the center of the pinion with a large washer and grabbing a hold of them to slide those out of the splines. They are known to strip the splines on the inside. They are also known to become seized at times in the splines. Check for both. With the pinions removed you can see if the steering clutches are actually turning the final drive pinion to turn the final drives. If not then you likely have worn steering clutches as they are engaged by Spring tension and released with hydraulic pressure. Check for worn linkage and make sure that the linkage for the clutch and brakes are adjusted evenly and grab evenly when working the controls. Look for worn or damaged linkage. Chances are if nobody mess with the linkage it's not going to come out of adjustment on its own. So if it is out too far and there is a problem with a trach not driving it is most likely excessively worn clutches that are slipping. You can check through the drive pinions as I mentioned before. Let me know the results and please remember to take a moment to write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are greatly appreciated.
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.