Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Mitsubishi forklift FGC25K/AF82D. It has electronic…

I have a Mitsubishi...

I have a Mitsubishi forklift FGC25K/AF82D

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Industrial Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

It has electronic fuel system and it idles high and there is no adjustment

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes . I replaced the idle sensor and it still doing the same thing

3/26/2018
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman

Hi, my name is ***** ***** for your question.I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ok ,my issue is with the lp gas fuel system
its electronic and the accelerator pedal works sometime and sometimes it doesn't and has very high idle
and there is no adjustments for it because it electronic.i replace the throttle sensor and no change .I also replace the
throttle body that is mounted under the mixer which is electronic .when you start it it idles really high and has no pedal ,the
turn if off and restart it it works fine with pedal until you floor it then no pedal again .you have to restart it and then pedal comes back sometimes .very spuratic works sometime and very high idle and sometime low idle and shuts off .weird stuff

Usually high idle on these is caused by a vacuum leak

Get a can of spray silicone lube and with engine idling spray around carb, intake manifold, and all vacuum lines,

when you get a noticeable change in idle you found the leak.

Make sure to spray around anything even sensors that have vacuum hoses going to them.

when you have a leak it is to much for the computer to compensate for so you get a high idle.

Also make sure throttle plate is returning all the way and not sticking during heavy acceleration

Please
Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page.
Just Answer can only compensate me for my time and resources after positive
feedback rating thus rating is required
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you Very Much

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Pb blaster work ,for this ?
So a vacuum leak would cause all these issues
With a electronic lp system?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I will be going back to this job tomorrow morning to try this , if it does work I will give a excellent rating ,
If vacuum leaks are the issue , I would assume I would have to replace all gaskets ect.

Never tried with pb and it would leave a mess the silicone lube burns great and doesn't leave everything all oily

If you have a vacuum leak none of the sensors/actuators work as they should thr leak changes all inputs to computer so all outputs that they control are not accurate

Yes replace/repair anything that is leaking

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Awesome , thank you for your help
I will try this in the morning. And if all goes good
I will take care of the rating
Thanks ,

Just remember I get nothing for my time unless I get a positive rating.

Good luck

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hey buddy I did what you said sprayed silicone spray around everything while it was idling no changes so I let it idle for about 20 seconds then the idle ghost lot higher and the pedal doesn't work When you're driving it it's fine but if you let that thing rev up really high it loses the pedal not signing any vacuum leaks everything looks good is there anyway I can change that system to a normal LP system without all the elecktronicks

I think the cost would be to high to change over

Did you use spray while it was idling high?

If you have a solenoid or vacuum line leaking it may only be leaking when idling high, some lines don't have vacuum all the time but when solenoid activates it sends vacuum through another line to some thing else that may cause the high idle.

If everything including RPM/throttle control is fine while driving you may have a bad o2 sensor and at idle the computer is trying to adjust and idle is going to high, try unplugging o2 and see what happens.It would not hurt to try a new one the computer may be trying to compensate to correct o2 readings

spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I have a lot of parts on order , waiting for them to come in , still not getting anywhere ,hopefully when parts show up and I change them out , I will let you know ,

Okay

Thank you for the positive rating very much appreciated.
Please come back again you may ask for me if you like.
Take care
spanky

spankyjr1
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman