Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

How did they install at the factory the G 342 engine front…

Customer Question
How did they install...

How did they install at the factory the G 342 engine front rubber vibration mount ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

71B 2044 G342

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes , heating it in peanut oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes I want to know exactly how and what tool they had to press it on with

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 4 days by:
3/30/2018
Mechanic: Jeremy, Technician replied 3 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, I overhaul these engines regularly for irrigation power units on the farm. I have always had issues replacing the front rubber dampened leg mount. These are old engines but very durable and dependable and there are still thousands of them running out here. My question needs to go to a older mechanic that actually worked in assembly at factory. These mounts are a press fit and I am sure they had some tool to push it on. They are very hard to put on in the field and I would like to purchase or build the tool they had in factory to press them on. The Engines are a G342 71B, and the part number is ***** bushing assemble.

I sent this out to all the experts in this category as well as a few of the older ones that have been around doing work on everything. I will opt out so one of them can jump in and help you out. I see the situation is very unique that needs to have ran into this before, not just general work advice.