Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I am trying to identify two solenoids ?? that are connected…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to identify two solenoids ?? that are connected to the starter on bobcat 743. starter replaced and battery good, getting 12.5V to starter. usually hear single click of starter engaging then nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model 743 ser 5019V13598

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Always been poor starter when cold

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/25/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Where does the positive battery cable go? It should go to the starter relay or the starter solenoid. Does the battery voltage drop when you turn the key to start? Can you turn the engine by hand to ensure the engine is not locked up?

I see the question is still open, did you find the starter relay?