Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My e70 cab rotates very slow and sometimes not at all. When…

Customer Question
My e70 cab rotates...

My e70 cab rotates very slow and sometimes not at all. When first starting...the right side trac won't move and the boom moves very slow as if it has no pressure

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

E70b cat. don't have serial number

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/25/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 30 days ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Hey the symptoms you were experiencing are classic symptoms of a pump failure occurring. If this is the case you will not want to continue to run the machine and use any functions as least as possible as if a pump is failing it will force contamination through any circuit that you operate causing more damage and further cleanup of the hydraulic system before you can run a new pump or component. The first thing you want to do is remove the in tank hydraulic filter and inspect it for fine metal or debris that would confirm a pump or component failure. The pump is split between two pumps as far as functionality. If then there is a third charge/Pilot pump for control or Pilot pressure. If you have no charger Pilot pressure the spools on the control valve will not move in either direction or will not move fully due to low pilot pressure as that is your shift pressure to shuttle the spools to operate your main functions. If you have good pilot pressure to shift the spools but no response or very little response from the functions then that is an indication of the Maine pumps failing as I discussed which would be found with metal or debris in the filter. If clean you will want to get a pressure check to check your pressures at the main control valve. If the pressures are low and your spools are shifting in metal is found in the system then you have confirmed a pump failure. The system will need to be completely cleaned out before running a new pump and then ran with a higher micron filter for a while until it filters out the remaining smaller stuff that was unable to be reached during cleaning. Let me know the results. Please remember to take a moment to write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Dan, Technician