Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a similar issue to this link, 1, my 304CCR wont shut…

Customer Question
Https://www.justanswer.com/construction-and-road-equipment/akg94-cat-304cr-excavator-will-not-shut-off.html I have...

Https://www.justanswer.com/construction-and-road-equipment/akg94-cat-304cr-excavator-will-not-shut-off.html I have a similar issue to this link, 1, my 304CCR wont shut off with key. I have to pull the fuel shut off solenoid positive wire to kill it. It has 12VDC on that wire even with the key off. The other thing I noticed, is that the battery drains when I leave it for a few days, I assume this is because that solenoid is always powered? Thank you for the help. I am guessing that the shut off relay is bad.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

C

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can I upload photos?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/24/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 1 month ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

What you are describing is the relay staying engaged

pull the relays 1 at a time until it shuts off

then replace that relay

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. Where are these located?

Hi

Thank you for the response

Fuse Panel Is Located Inside The Access Cover On The Left Front Side Of The Seat Support. Open The Access Cover For Fuse Access.

relays Located under left joystick.

I hope this helps you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks I’ll look at that. So the left is as viewed while in the seat, or when facing the machine front the ground?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did you get my last question?

Hi

left sitting in the seat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, so not the side that has the key/ ignition switch? Thank you

Hi

Welcome

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I don’t think they’re in there it looks like they might be behind the fuse panel which is underneath the seat
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 29 days ago

Hi

Thank you for that

yes they just may be there also

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Do you have a way of telling me the exact location or the wiring colors?

HI

No, sorry I do not have any schematics on the machine

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Is there somebody I can talk to with that schematic?

Hi

I will send this to another expert my buddy, he may have it

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thanks Wayne

Hi

You're welcome

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Wayne, I have located the relay which was on the hydraulic access panel. Thank you for your assistance.

Hi

Good that is great

Please remember to rate my answer 5-stars

Wayne, Journeyman