Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My New Holland LS185. wants to stall engine when engaging…

Customer Question
My New Holland LS185.B...

My New Holland LS185.B wants to stall engine when engaging auxiliary spool valve. I currently have a tree puller on the skidsteer, and I can make it work by engaging the remote hydraulic handle 2-3 times to open and close the tree puller before it stalls. It wants to stall the engine the second you touch the handle. Any ideas about what might be going on?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

New Holland LS 185.B, SN: N5M409933

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I think that's it. Thanks.

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/24/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 30 days ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If it is only that one function that is blocking the engine down enough to stall it then I would first check the relief valve for that circuit to be set too high and also confirm this with a pressure gauge to see if the relief valve is sticking closed causing a large restriction and not allowing oil to return back to sump. If the relief valve cartridge in o rings all look okay check for another return restriction and also inspect the control valve for that function for any debris or other problems causing it to stick internally. Be sure that the fuel system and turbo all check out good on the engine just for confirmation and if that all checks out good proving that this is the only function that has a problem then you will be looking at the hydraulic control valve and relief valves in that circuit for the problem. Please remember to take a moment and write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings in bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Dan, Technician