Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

If my fuel pump is not working correctly on a v2203-e will…

Customer Question
If my fuel pump...

If my fuel pump is not working correctly on a v2203-e will the engine run rough?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Bobcat 763,###-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,changing injectors, filters

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

We bypassed the fuel lines to the pump and made no difference in how the machine runs. Still sounds like it is missing. Only a puff of black smoke when it starts then exhaust is clean.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/22/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

This is the four-cylinder engine, have you checked the valve lash? .011 to .017 inch? If you loosen each high-pressure injection line one at a time, do all cylinders act the same?

I see the question is still open.??