Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I'm seeking information on Cat 250 HP [I wasn't given model

Customer Question

I'm seeking information on Cat 250 HP [I wasn't given model # but could be DM-3281/82 ?] This particular one is in an RV and I am interested in expected MPG, how engine might hold up sitting around in an RV for 30 years and how to tell if it is in good condition and what one might expect to spend on repair and maintenance of an engine of this age ?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: I'm working off of an add that someone has posted and I do not have that information yet, but I am going to inspect that RV soon so I will try to get that info. Anything else that I need ?
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

Has it been sitting a long time ??

do you know if it runs ??