Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a code er13 on my 290 vovlo excavator. Sounds good.

Customer Question
Have a code er13...

Have a code er13 on my 290 vovlo excavator

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Sounds good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have only checked all the fuses figured I'd get on the internet and look for simple stuff people have tried to take care of this code

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. What is your machine serial number?

ER13

09 Communications J1939, communication failure

Volvo EC290BLR
Serial number 12087

It is a datalink communication fault. There should be more numbers for the full fault codes

That's all it's throwing it will start but nothing will move kinda thinking there is a rubbed wire somewhere but figured I'd ask online to see if other people have gotten it and what they recommended starting with

13128SID 2319BlinkcautionCommunication J1939 error128SID 23111BlinkcautionJ1939 Other malfunction128SID 23112BlinkcautionJ1939 defective unit orcomponent187SID 2319BlinkcautionCommunication J1939 error187SID 23112BlinkcautionJ1939 defective unit orcomponent

It means no communication so either a loss of power/ground between modules, failed module, faulty datalink harness.

Sounds good I'm gonna check the ground in the morning check the code again and see if it's giving more info and get back with you guys

Click on this link for the diagrams and troubleshooting info. Inspect the wiring harness and connector pins for problems as well as your fuses and relays

Service info

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

It popped up last summer I pulled battery cables got it to reset ran all summer put it away for winter and now it's back and won't reset easily like that lol
already checked all the fuses

I will be out of town tomorrow until late Friday but we can follow up as needed...

There are diagrams in the info I provided

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.