Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Timberjack 380B that hesitates when you put it into…

I have a Timberjack...

I have a Timberjack 380B that hesitates when you put it into forward. Once it engages in forward gear, it is fine. Do you know what is causing this?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model is a 380B Timberjack with a 3 speed Clark transmission. S/N is AC2397

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks.

3/21/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Clark uses a modulator valve to slow the shift from forward to reverse, to give a smoother shift. Do you get the same slow response when you go to reverse?

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
No, reverse is fine.
Phone call session started

Thank you!